There is a rumor that not everyone loves pumpkin spice? I would have to say maybe it’s gotten out of hand. Pumpkin Spice Kale Chips I’m talking to you. Pumpkin Spice absolutely has a place where it can shine. This Fall Smoothie bowl is a delicious use of the pumpkin spice flavors.
Smoothies don’t need to be classified as a summer-only food. We enjoy ice cream year-round, don’t we? Smoothies are Ice Creams healthier sibling.
Step By Step Video On How To Make A Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Fun Pumpkin Spice Facts
This popular spice mix has been referenced in cookbooks dating back to the 1890’s.
In 2019 it’s estimated that 424 million cups of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes have been sold.
Pumpkin Spice Treats For The Whole Family
- Starbucks Fall Variety Pack of Coffees
- Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
- Pumpkin Spice Greenies Dog Treats – I guess even dogs love pumpkin spice
- Burt’s Bees Fall Variety Lip Balms – includes pumpkin spice
- Pumpkin Spice Soap
- Pumpkin Spice Plush
If you are craving the real deal my pumpkin pie recipe is full of pumpkin spice flavor.
Smoothie or Fall Smoothie Bowl?
Smoothies can be enjoyed in cup form or in a bowl with a spoon. The thickness level depends on the amount of liquid you add. It’s up to you to enjoy them as you wish.
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Ingredients
- Pumpkin- you need the pumpkin in a pumpkin spice flavored smoothie. Make sure you get the canned pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie filling
- Water – smoothies need a liquid element. I usually choose water or coconut milk as my choices of liquids
- Banana – This fruit is a smoothie staple. It adds to the perfect smoothie texture and sweetness
- Maple Syrup – The maple flavor adds to the fall flavors and adds some more sweetness
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Here is the super hero of fall flavors. You can use a pumpkin spice blend or the separate spices cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves
- Turmeric- Here is the unexpected ingredient. Turmeric is such a beautiful golden spice. The health benefits of this spice make it worth adding to your diet wherever you can. More on that next.
- Vanilla Protein Powder – Since we consume our smoothies for breakfast I like to add the protein powder to make it a more filling meal.
Fall Smoothie Topping Ideas
The easiest way to get my kids excited about eating healthy is to add a variety of toppings for them to customize their servings.
Health Benefits Of This Fall Smoothie
- Pumpkin is one of the best sources of beta-carotene. Beta carotene is a powerful antioxidant that gives orange vegetables and fruits their vibrant color. The body converts any ingested beta carotene into vitamin A. Consuming foods high in beta-carotene may reduce the risks of developing cancer. Protection against heart disease and asthma. These are just a few of the health benefits eating pumpkin provides.
- Bananas are most known for being high in potassium. Potassium helps manage blood pressure and the strain on the cardiovascular system. A medium banana contains 9% of your daily needs of potassium.
- Did you expect to see the health benefits of consuming maple syrup? Being from New England I have a close relationship with maple syrup. My brother actually has a maple syrup business. Maple syrup provides antioxidants and zinc. Zinc has been known to improve heart health, male reproductive health, and strengthen the immune system.
- Cinnamon – has been used for thousands of years. A study has shown that cinnamon may top the list of spices for levels of antioxidants. Cinnamon has been know to help with cholesterol, heart disease, and blood sugar regulation among others.
- Nutmeg – this spice also has antioxidants and benefits your immune system. Studies have also shown its antibacterial benefits suggesting nutmeg can kill E.coli bacteria, as well as bacteria that cause cavities and gum inflammation.
- Ginger – another powerhouse spice that includes antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. This spice may boost your immune system and help with heart disease and diabetes. Ginger can be used to help relieve nausea and indigestion.
- Cloves- high in manganese, which can help liver function and contribute to a healthy metabolism. Lab studies have shown clove can kill cancer cells, but there is no human evidence to support this effect.
- Turmeric has a long list of health benefits. To me, the most exciting are the studies that show turmeric has the ability to aid in treating and preventing cancers.
- A clean organic protein powder provides the energy and satiation needed when enjoying a smoothie as a meal.
I am not a nutritionist and I’m not providing health advice. I enjoy learning about the health benefits of the foods we consume to make better choices for my family.
Fall Smoothie Price Breakdown
- Maple Syrup $ .22
- Cinnamon $ .15
- Cloves $ .15
- Nutmeg $ .15
- Turmeric -optional
- Vanilla Protein Powder-optional
- Pumpkin Puree $ 1.04
- Banana $ .22
For servings this recipe totals $ 2.08
The per serving price is $ 1.04
I hope you enjoy the fall flavors of this smoothie!
This site includes affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Fall Smoothie Bowl – Full Of Your Favorite Pumpkin Spice FlavorsDifficulty: Easy
The perfect Fall smoothie filled with your favorite pumpkin spice flavors.
1/2 Can Pumpkin Puree
1 Frozen Banana Chunks
Water – fill to cover the ingredients
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1-2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
2 tbs Maple Syrup
- Add all ingredients to a blender
- Blend until well blended
- Top with toppings if wanted
- You can replace the indiviual spices with a pumpkin spice mix