Are you looking for a fun, quick, and easy Halloween themed lunch or dinner? These Jack O Lantern Quesadillas are perfect to get you in the spirit!
Not much is better than warm melted cheese sandwiched between to crisp buttered tortillas.
I love finding ways to add in the festive spirit of the season with food. It’s a great way to add that feeling into your home.
Quesadillas are an easy and fast lunch or dinner option to have on your vegetarian meals list for those times when a quick meal is needed.
Jack O Lantern Quesadillas Serving Ideas
I don’t know about you but, I love toppings and condiments. Quesadillas are a great opportunity for your family to customize their meal with the toppings of their choice.
Some great toppings for Jack O Lantern Quesdillas are.
- Avocado or Guacamole
- Sour cream
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Pico de Gio
Jack O Lantern Quesadilla Tips
I found the easiest way to make the Jack O Lantern Quesadillas without creating a melty cheese mess, is to toast the tortilla with the jack o lantern face cut out of it first by itself.
Once the top tortilla is toasted I remove it and melt the butter in the pan. I’ll place the bottom tortilla on the melted butter and add the cheese. Then the top jack o lantern tortilla is placed over the cheese. I let the quesadilla cook for a few minutes and then place the lid over the pan for a few moments to melt the cheese through the cut-out face.
Halloween Themed Meal Ideas
Quesadillas Price Breakdown
What does it cost to make Jack O Lantern Quesidllas
- Tortillas (2 per quesadilla) $ 2.53
- Butter $ . 50
- Cheese (2 ultra-thin slices of orange cheddar) $ 2.68
- Cheese (melty cheese like jack or mozzarella) $1.98
For 10 Quesadillas this recipe totals $ 7.69
The per serving price is $ .77
If you don’t need to make ten quesadillas for one meal both the tortillas and cheese have a long shelf life. You can also assemble the extra quesadillas and freeze them for a quick easy meal.
My kids really enjoyed the festive Jack O Lantern Quesadillas. I hope you do too.
Jack O Lantern QuesadillasCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Quick, easy and fun Quesadillas.
Family Size Package of 20 Tortillas
1 package of ultra thin orange chedder cheese (18 slices)
1 Package of sliced mozzerella cheese (12 slices)
- Using a knife with a sharp tip cut out Jack O Lantern faces in the top tortillas
- Heat and toast the Jack O Lantern Tortillas in a frying pan on medium
- After the tops are toasted remove them from the pan and add a half of tablespoon of butter to the pan
- Place a bottom tortilla into the pan on top of the melted butter
- Put the mozzerlla cheese slice onto the tortilla first
- Put the two thin slices or orange cheddar over the mozzarella cheese
- Place a Jack O Lantern top tortilla over the cheese and lightly press it down.
- Cook the quesadilla for a couple of minutes until toasty
- To melt the cheese a little more place a lid on the pan for a few moments
- Serve with your favorite toppings