Halloween can be a very busy time with kids. I love having a fun and festive Halloween dinner idea ready ahead of time. This Frankenstein Pasta Salad can be made ahead of time and served before you get ready to celebrate.
The kids love the green color a fun Frankenstein’s face. I love that I am getting some nutritious vegetables into the kids before they become gluttons for candy.
Table of Contents
Frankenstein Pasta Salad Ingredients
I made an Italian spinach vinegarette as the dressing for this Halloween pasta salad. You could also make or buy a pesto instead. My kids prefer the milder flavor of the spinach vinegarette.
Any pasta shape will work. You can use whatever is in your pantry.
Halloween Pasta Salad Tips
You can serve more olives and cheese on the side if you are big fans.
For the mozzarella cheese eyes, I sliced a block of mozzarella cheese and cut it into a circle shape with a cookie cutter. You could cut it by hand or use anything that is circle-shaped in your kitchen as a cutter.
Halloween Themed Meals
Halloween Dinner Price Breakdown
- 8 oz Pasta – $ .41
- 3 tbs Olive Oil – $ .28
- 1 tbs White Vinegar – $ .01
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning – $ .02
- 1 cup Organic Spinach – $ .70
- 1 cucumber – $ .74
- 2 slices of Mozzarella – $ .93
- 6 oz Black Olives – $ 1.53
Halloween Dinner Total Price
For 4 servings this recipe totals $ 4.62.
The per serving price is $ 1.16.
What Ingredients Do You Have Left?
After making this recipe you would have leftover spinach and possibly mozzarella cheese.
You could use the spinach for a side salad with another meal during the week.
Another option would be to buy some eggs and make spinach and cheese omelets.
Halloween Dinner Idea – Frankenstein Pasta SaladCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
8 oz Pasta
3 tbs Olive Oil
1 tbs White Vinegar
1 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
1 cup Spinach
2 slices of Mozzarella
6 oz Black Olives
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box and let cool
- Make Dressing – add oil, vinegar, spinach, and italin seasong to the blender and blend
- Peel and dice the cucumber – reserve two half pieces of cucumber for decoration
- Drain the can of olives
- Mix the dressing with the pasta
- Add and mix in the diced cucumber
- Arrange the pasta mixture onto a tray or cutting board in a rectangular shape
- Slice two pices of mozzerella cheese and cut them into circle shapes for the eyes
- Place the mozzerella eyes onto the pasta
- slice an olive into rings for the eye balls and placce onto the mozzerella chees slices
- arrange the olives on the pasta as a mouth and hair
- Place reserves halves of cucumber on the bottom sides of teh pasta salad as decoratation