Gingerbread flavored treats are our favorite to enjoy during the Holiday Season. The classic gingerbread men, gingerbread lattes, and gingerbread cake top the list. This Easy No-Bake Gingerbread Cream Pie is a great addition to that lineup.
A beautiful pie to me is the best dessert to share at a celebration. Everyone gets a slice and gathers together making memories. This pie is sure to be a hit at your Christmas Dinner (my go-to vegetarian holiday dinner menu).
What Is Gingerbread?
Gingerbread can be traced back to the ancient Greeks and Egyptians who used it for ceremonial purposes. Gingerbread today is a baked good that contains ginger, sometimes cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, and sweetened with molasses, brown sugar, or honey.
Gingerbread Cream Pie Ingredients
The Three Parts To Make This Cream Pie
This simple two ingredientcrust make a flavorful base for this pie.
Using ginger cookies in the crust is the perfect way to start building a pie full of gingerbread flavor.
Butter brings together the cookie crumbs to form the crust.
This easy filling starts with cook and serve vanilla pudding.
Molasses and gingerbread spices are added to enhance the gingerbread flavor.
Perfectly lightly sweetened whipped cream is the most delicious topping for this pie.
How To Make A No Bake Pie Crust
No-Bake pie crusts are an easy way to make a fast and delicious crust. They start with crushing up your selected cookie then mixing with melted butter and pressing into a pie pan. That makes the perfect no-bake crust every time.
- Crush the cookies in a food processer until they are fine cookie crumbs
- Melt the butter
- Combine the cookie crumbs and the butter in a bowl
- Evenly press the crumb and butter mixture into a pie pan
- Set the crust in the fridge to chill for at least one hour
Pie Crust Variations
- Chocolate – use chocolate wafer or sandwich cookies
- Vanilla – use vanilla wafers
- Graham Cracker – use graham crackers for a classic graham cracker crust
- Shortbread – use shortbread cookies
How Do You Make A No Bake Filing?
Instant Or Cook And Serve Pudding
You can use both options to make a perfect pudding pie. I prefer the cook and serve pudding for its texture and flavor. Follow the directions on the package for how to prepare the pudding for a pie filling.
What Type Of Milk Should I Use To Make A Pudding Pie
Use whole milk for the creamiest pie!
Chill The Pie In the Refrigerator
Make sure to chill the pie overnight in the fridge to make sure it sets before serving.
Gingerbread Cream Pie Serving Suggestions
- Crushed Ginger Cookies – save some of the crushed up cookies used to make the crust as a topping to sprinkle over the whipped cream
- Holiday Sprinkles- Sprinkles always make a festive topping
How To Make Whip Cream (Step By Step)
- Chill the bowl and the beater you will be using to make the whipped cream in the fridge or freezer
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the chilled bowl
- Beat the cream until it’s slightly thickened
- When it’s near the consistency desired stop beating and add in the powdered sugar and vanilla
- Continue beating until soft peaks are formed
- For a pie slightly overbeat so it will hold its shape longer
Gingerbread Cream Pie Success Tips
- Make sure to cook the filling long enough so it will set to a firm pie
- Chill the pie overnight in the fridge to make sure it id firm enough to serve
- To cut a perfect slice warm the knife blade in warm water and wipe clean between slices
Perfect Make-Ahead Christmas Dessert
How Long Does A Cream Pie Last?
This pie should be consumed within three days.
Can I Freeze A Cream Pie?
Technically a cream pie can be frozen before adding the whipped cream topping. For best consistency, I prefer not to freeze this gingerbread cream pie.
How Much Does A Gingerbread Cream Pie Cost To Make?
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Vanilla Pudding
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
For 8 servings this recipe totals $ 4.94.
The per serving price is $ .62.
Tools Used To Make This Recipe
This site includes affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links
Easy No-Bake Gingerbread Cream Pie – A Quick Dessert For Your Christmas DinnerCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Delicous and festive no bake pie for the Holiday Season.
2 cups gingersnap cookies
6 tbs melted butter
2 tbs mollasses
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding mix
2 cups of milk
8 oz. of heavy whipping cream
1 tbs powdered sugar
- Crush the gingersnap cookies in the food processor until they are crumbs
- Set aside some of the crumbs for the decorative topping if desired
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Stir the butter and the crumbs together until well combined
- Press the crumb mixture into a pie pan
- Chill the pan in the fridge for atleast an hour
- Prepare the pudding according to the package instructions for a pie filling