When the weather warms up we like to reach for a refreshing glass to cool us down and give us the energy we need. Storebought watermelon juice can be expensive and nothing beats the flavor of making your own at home. Today I’m sharing how to make watermelon and pineapple juice.
A simple blender, juicy ripe watermelon and pineapple juice is all you need to make the perfect glass of watermelon and pineapple juice. Cut, blend and pour for the perfect refreshing treat.
Are Watermelon And Pineapple A Good Combination?
When I think of the summer heat, relaxing by the pool or beach (who am I kidding I’m chasing kids around). Classic summertime flavors like watermelon and pineapple come to mind.
Watermelon is a summer staple whether you are a kid spitting out watermelon seeds onto the ground from a fresh-cut slice or mom and dad sipping on a refreshing watermelon margarita.
Pineapple makes me think of tropical vacations. It has that festive and celebratory feel to it. The sweet but, tart flavor of a perfectly ripe pineapple can’t be beaten.
Can watermelon and pineapple go together? Absolutely! A combination of these two summertime favorites is sure to bring on the summertime vibes.
Watermelon can sometimes lack sweetness and taste a little bland if it isn’t perfectly ripe. The sweetness of the pineapple juice enhances the watermelon’s flavor without being too sweet thanks to its tartness.
What Are The Benefits Of Watermelon And Pineapple
Juice can have a bad reputation due to its high sugar content. While you should watch your sugar intake. Processed juices that are full of artificial sugar and syrups are not the same as fresh-pressed juice or 100% organic juice.
Is Watermelon Juice Healthy
- Watermelon juice is high in lycopene, an antioxidant that gives watermelon is bright pink-red color. This powerful antioxidant has been shown to reduce your risk of cancer, diabetes, and eye damage.
- Another powerful anti-oxidant beta-carotene can also help slow cognitive decline.
- Watermelon is high in citrulline which may help blood move through your body and can lower your blood pressure. citrulline has been found to help with muscle soreness.
- A pigment called beta-cryptoxanthin may help protect your joints from inflammation and reduce your chances of rheumatoid arthritis in the future.
- Vitamins A, B6, and C, watermelon contains these powerful vitamins that are good for your eyesight, immune system, cell damage, hair, and skin.
- Watermelon is great for hydration since it is made up of 92% water.
- Potassium, watermelon is high in potassium which makes it a great drink while working out to prevent cramping.
- Easy on your digestive system.
- Watermelon juice is full of electrolytes. Its natures Gatorade
- Watermelon may help with erectile dysfunction.
Is Pineapple Juice Healthy
- Pineapple is high in vitamin C which boosts your immune system.
- Vitamin A helps fight cell damage and is good for your eyesight.
- Pineapple is high in Potassium which can help lower your sodium levels in your blood and reduce hypertension.
- Bromelain is a digestive enzyme that helps speed up digestion and helps with bloating and constipation. Bromelain also helps with menstrual cramps.
- Pineapple is high in antioxidants, which help fight cell damage and free radicals.
- The Anti-Inflammatory Properties of pineapple helps to reduce inflammation and can reduce joint pain.
- Pineapple has been said to boost fertility due to its being high in zinc, folate, copper, betacarotene, and vitamin C.
- The high fiber content aid in digestion
Ingredients For Watermelon And Pineapple Juice
A simple list of ingredients is needed to make refreshing watermelon and pineapple juice.
- Pineapple Juice
- Lime (optional)
How To Make Watermelon And Pineapple Juice
To keep things simple in this recipe I am using store-bought pineapple juice instead of using a juicer. Fresh watermelon juice can easily be made in a blender.
- Cut up the fresh watermelon, figure around 2 cups of melon per glass of juice.
- Blend the watermelon chunks in the blender until smooth.
- You don’t need to strain the watermelon juice, if you don’t like the pulp you can pour it through a fine sieve.
- Place some ice cubes in a glass.
- Pour around two tablespoons of pineapple juice into the glass.
- Top off the glass with the fresh watermelon juice.
- Add a fresh squeeze of lime if you wish.
What Is The Best Storebought Watermelon Juice
Buying juices at the store can be tricky. Many juices are watered down and have added sugar and syrups. Look for juices that don’t have many ingredients besides juice.
Out favorite watermelon juice is WTRMLN WTR.
What Is The Best Storebought Pineapple Juice
How To Enjoy Watermelon And Pineapple Juice
There are many ways you can use your leftover watermelon and pineapple juice (if you have any).
- Make a cocktail, watermelon, and pineapple juice pairs well with tequila, vodka and, rum.
- Smoothies are a great way to turn your juice into a meal. Add ice, banana, and some vanilla protein powder.
- Ice pops are a favorite sweet treat. Freeze your leftover juice or smoothie in molds.
- Ice Cubes, freeze your leftover juice into ice cubes. You can use the ice cubes in your next juice, smoothie or pop them into a glass of lemonade.
Watermelon Juice Varitations
The varitations of watermelon juice are endless. Look at all the ways to customize your glass.
- Watermelon and mint, add some fresh mint to the bottom of your glass.
- Watermelon, pineapple, and ginger
- Watermelon and berries, blend watermelon with your favorite berries.
- Watermelon with lemon or lime.
- Watermelon and grape, freeze the grapes before blending for a slushy texture.
- Watermelon and pineapple juice spritzer, add some sparkling water to your juice.
- Watermelon and pomegranate juice.
- Watermelon and cucumber.
What Fruit Goes With Watermelon?
Many fruits go well with watermelon berries, grapes, citrus, kiwi, starfruit, pomegrante, apples.
Is It Good To Drink Watermelon Juice every day?
A glass of watermelon juice every day is a delicious and nutritious addition to your diet. Don’t overdo it. If a person consumes more than 30g of lycopene in a day they may experience digestive discomfort in the forms of nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, and bloating.
Are There Any Negative Side Effects Of Drinking Watermelon Juice?
If someone consumes too much watermelon or watermelon juice they may experience gastrointestinal issues. Those with prehypertension may experience a decrease in aortic blood pressure. People with hyperkalemia (too much potassium in the bloodstream) may have cardiovascular issues.
How Much Lycopene Is In A Glass Of Watermelon Juice?
One 8oz glass of watermelon juice contains roughly 20g of lycopene.
Is Watermelon Juice Good For Kids?
Watermelon juice is good for kids as long as they do not drink too much.
Can You Eat Watermelon Seeds?
Yes, you can eat watermelon seeds, they are known to be even higher in the antioxidant lycopene than the watermelon flesh itself, they are also high in protein.
How To Pick A Good Watermelon?
Picking a ripe watermelon can be tricky. Look for a watermelon that is dull and not shiny in appearance that has dark green and yellow stripes. The watermelon should feel heavy for its size. The best watermelon has a distinct yellow field spot where the watermelon rested in the field. It may even have some webbing on the outside where pollination occurred.
Does Watermelon Spike Your Blood Sugar?
Watermelon has a high glycemic index of 75 out of 100 which could spike blood sugars.
Watermelon and pineapple juice is a nutrious and easy drink that can be made at home with a blender.
Once you’ve selected a ripe watermelon and a good storebought pineapple juice all that’s left is to cut and blend the watermelon. Pour the fresh watermelon juice into a glass with some pineapple juice and enjoy.
Other Articles You May Enjoy!
How To Make Watermelon And Pineapple JuiceCourse: Beverages, Summer RecipesDifficulty: Easy
The perfect refreshing beverage!
2 cups of watermelon
2 tablespoons of pineapple juice
- Cut 2 cups of watermelon into chunks
- Blend the watermelon in a blender until smooth
- Strain the watermelon juice if desired (not needed)
- Put some ice cubes in a glass
- Add 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice the glass
- Top off the glass with the fresh watermelon juice and stir